Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Multiple Intelligence Links

With your group, browse through the links on the page that was e-mailed to you.

Then, come back to this site and click below where is says "comments".

Copy/paste the website addresses of a few sites that you found useful, along with a brief description of each.

Then when asked to choose an identity, choose Name/URL, and just enter your name or a description of your group e.g. Science Teachers. Then Click the Publish button. Thanks.

Don't forget that you can come back and view comments from other groups to see what they found useful.

24 comments:

Unknown said...

I really liked the knowitall.org/artopia site. Thanks for the link.

Karen Pionke

Anonymous said...

it's 10:45 am and i am jut able to get to my email due to rainbow circle spinning this whole time on both a desk top and note book...wasn't able to get on anything shown in tech lab.

very very very very frustrating to have this happen each time we do technology with all in the building trying to get on the internet etc...

these days are not useful when this happens each time we try this...

sites on dain's list needed to have the actual web-site listed next to the descriptions...very time consuming when there is no address, especially when there are not sites for all subject areas...

Anonymous said...

There is some great interactive websites - i really enjoyed tutpup - it was math and spelling for the most part. I could really see it being used in a classroom! The poster making website is fun - the flisti website also seems helpful!!!

Anonymous said...

The NS Teens website and Stop Bullying Now website have great quick videos to ignite discussion on bullying issues.

Anonymous said...

The Literature Teachers really enjoyed the following websites:

grammaropolis.com (a newer video to show students before talking about the parts of speech instead of grammar rock)

digitalbooktalk.com (we like the fact that the books are divided into genres and based off of lexile reading range- the videos are lame)

readwritethink.org (aside from the interactive part for students, they have lesson plans with all materials/video links provided for teachers to use free of charge)

We DIDN'T LIKE readingrockets.com (hard to navigate, and not many student interactive pages)

Kristina Leech, Kristina Gopp, Marguerite Conley, Robin Riley, and Cathy Anderson

Anonymous said...

15 minutes to log in......whirling rainbow ball literally every other letter.....another great use of our time. Absolutely worthless.

Anonymous said...

I didn't find many of the links very useful at all. It was also very frustrating because the computers were extremely slow. It made any use of any application impossible.

Scott Hollmaier said...

As of 11:00 I was only able to get on one website. Nervous that I wouldn't be able to blog before our time was up. I'll have to use more time to accomplish our task.

Anonymous said...

Just Peachy

egutantes said...

Thanks for the links. I did have the spinning wheel most of the time and could not access anything. I'll have to look at it another time.

Anne Wills said...

So many great links and creative ways to use technology! Thank you presenters:)

Ljohnson said...

Here are some of the sites that I will find most useful for using in Science.


http://ed.voicethread.com/


http://sciencecomics.uwe.ac.uk/index.php

6th/7th LA Teachers said...

We really like wordle.net, lexipedia.com, grammaropolis.com, and xtranormal.net. The wordle sight can be used as a warm-up activity. Lexipedia is good for being able to see relationships between vocabulary words. Grammaropolis is an excellent site for learning grammar in an interactive way. Xtranormal is an online cartoon movie maker with text to speech.

Anonymous said...

Thank you wish I had more time my computer was slow.I liked the demonstrations from other art teachers and the cartooning web site.

Beth Tiglas said...

I found some websites that will be helpful in my math class. I really like www.edu.glogster..com. However, there is not a very good search feature.

Nick Streicher said...

Really like the list of websites. I need more time to look at the websites to see how I can fit them into my curriculum.

T.Proctor said...

Thank you for all the links...helpful to already have things to investigate...found some to use with classes....voicethread and comics...spinning wheel of death somewhat of a pain...A few needed subscription

Anonymous said...

Thank you to the presenters...well done on short notice. Many sites are good for slower learners.

Anonymous said...

Thank you to the presenters...well done on short notice. Many sites are good for slower learners.

Lisa McCauley said...

I love the resource list! I think that many will be very helpful in my math classes. I am really excited to try math playground.com. Thanks for putting all of this together for us!

E. Congdon said...

I really loved the glogster website! I'm really excited to use them in my classroom!

The Math Playground website was also great. I really like all the short instructional videos, and definitely plan on using them in my lessons!

Thanks so much for all the resources!

Anonymous said...

The ELL staff really enjoyed browsing the various websites given. Some of our favorite websites were....
1. Speakaboos.com - Here you will find an animated reading of a storybook. However, only a few of the stories are free. The most useful tool on this site seems to be something that you can have students create their own stories through animation, writing, and voice. However, this feature is coming soon.
2. ReadWriteThink.org : We really liked the fact that there are very creative ideas for full unit plans that can be modified for your needs. Also, EVERYTHING IS FREE!!!
3. Kerpoof.com : This is a great site for creating storybooks.

Cassy Stager, Julie Turchioe, Dayne Williams

7th grade social studies (Ryan & Piha) said...

Lots of ideas and possibilities. Found that many of the sites I looked at required registration and many did not apply to our content. We ended up finding websites that were more suited to our content.

Anonymous said...

I will use Digitalbooktalks.com ASAP!!! Some are amateurish, but the students might like that!
Learner.org will help with Novel studies and lexipedia.com will work great with research in the LRC!
Thanks for the free links at our students' level!